Big Red Bash 2017
Australia’s The world’s most remote music festival is back this year with an amazing line up! While unfortunately original headliner Jessica Mauboy has had to pull out, organisers have replaced her with nine time ARIA Winner and music legend Missy Higgins.
“I’m so excited to play this gig – to get out into the Australian desert, get some red soil on my feet and share a stage with so many incredible country artists. It’s going be fun, yeehaw!” says Missy.
The full Big Red Bash line up includes:
Missy Higgins ~ Lee Kernaghan
James Reyne & Mark Seymour
Ian Moss ~ Kate Ceberano ~ Russell Morris
The McClymonts ~ Troy Cassar-Daley ~ James Blundell ~ Tania Kernaghan
The Wolfe Brothers ~ Christie Lamb ~ Ray Ryder
This year’s festival will see more than 7000 fans, families and travellers from all around Australia pitch their tents, campers, caravans and swags under the remote outback stars for three (I imagine, and am quiet jealous) unforgettable days!
Nestled on the edge of the Simpson Desert, 35km from Birdsville. Festival-goers get more than just music, they get the true Aussie outback experience. It must be great, as For some of these artists, it’s not their first time to this event!
Big Red Bash originally kicked off in 2013 with John Williamson as the sole artist. Since then the fairly new festival has pulled big names including Kasey Chambers, Jimmy Barnes, Diesel, Paul Kelly, The McClymonts, Adam Harvey and Adam Brand and the Outlaws. Also Sold Out for the first time in 2016.
Held, this year on the 4th – 6th of July, Tickets are now on sale to the recently awarded “Australia’s Favourite Event” at the Australian Event Awards.
Youth (12-17 years): $66.65
Child (11 & Under): FREE
Family (2 x Adult and unlimited Youth/Child tickets): $876.40
Get the following over and above standard tickets:
- Guaranteed refund if the event is cancelled due to weather outside of the organisers control.
- An event souvenir program valued at $15
- Membership to the Outback Mates Club valued at $20 which gives you a range of discounts and special offers as you travel around outback Queensland. For details go to http://www.outbackmates.
- 6-Month digital subscription to Pat Callinan’s 4×4 Adventures magazine
- Premium ticket holders will also go into a draw to win one of six backstage experiences (family tickets allow the whole family to be part of this experience)
Youth (12-17 years): $71.75
Child (11 years and under): FREE
Family (2 x Adult and unlimited Youth/Child tickets): $948.15
Birdsville is a small outback town situated on the banks of the Diamantina River between the sands of the Simpson Desert and the gibbers of Sturts Stony Desert. The area is steeped in history, from aboriginal meeting places to European settlement in the late 1870s and beyond.
The Birdsville population currently stands at approximately 100. The town provides modern facilities for all travellers along with many thriving businesses. Comfortable accommodation and general supplies are available in the town. Facilities include:
- Birdsville Hotel / Motel
- Birdsville Caravan Park
- Birdsville Bakery
- Two service stations & General Store
- Post Office
- Art gallery
- Guided Tours
- Police, Medical Clinic and Emergency Services
- Tourist Information/Library/Internet Facilities
- Airport with a sealed 1700m runway and unsealed cross-strip